What is Comcast and how it powers Jump´s solutions:
What´is the Comcast offering and which are its solutions?
Today’s media and entertainment landscape is complicated on both sides of the screen. Audiences have more choice than ever before; Comcast Technology Solutions exists to provide the technologies businesses need in order to provide all this wonderful choice. New ways to connect programming and advertising to a growing, global fanbase. Automation that brings people more control over their home and digital environments. Innovations that elevate quality, accelerate commerce, and reduce cost. The CTSuite is tailored for specific disciplines, all related in their goal of serving the best experiences available at scale, anywhere.
Comcast´s technologica solutions:
COMCAST BROADCAST LINEAR SUITE under its claim “EXPERIENCES TO KEEP WATCHING” is a Channel origination, regional cable access and satellite distribution to get the most value out of your content in today’s market – and tomorrow’s. Expand your offerings, execute live events seamlessly, and use your content in creative new ways.
COMCAST CREATIVE SUITE: Advertisers and agencies can target audiences like never before; now they can customize the actual ad creative itself. From standard post-production and finishing services to the latest in dynamic creative optimization, we offer a complete custom shop to streamline your path to stronger campaign performance. They define themselves as A CUSTOM SHOP FOR REAL-TIME, TAILORED ADS.
Advertising is getting a lot more personal. It’s Ad Creative 2.0, where ads are not just customized for a specific region or demographic – they’re optimized at the playback level to improve the resonance with each viewer, and the revenue potential of each ad in turn.
Comcast Technology Solutions has poured decades of experience into an Ad Creative Suite that seamlessly incorporates standard finishing services, like closed captioning and ad tagging, with the latest in dynamic creative optimization (DCO) to change the way you think about ad customization.
COMCAST DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER SUITE “TAKE YOUR OTT BRAND STRAIGHT TO THE SCREEN. ANY SCREEN.” IT HELPS YOU DISCOVER A SMARTER, FASTER, COMPREHENSIVE DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER SUITE AND RAPIDLY LAUNCH A WORLD-CLASS OTT VIDEO EXPERIENCE.
Content providers of all types are working to develop an effective over-the-top, direct-to-customer strategy to stay competitive, monetize quality content, and build deeper levels of engagement between audience and brand. These efforts are often thwarted by complexity, cost, and performance issues caused by stitching together disparate partners and technology stacks.
The Direct-to-Consumer Suite addresses these challenges head-on with a flexible, turnkey platform that enables you to quickly launch OTT apps to any screen, and to maximize monetization models. The suite allows you to easily evolve and continuously tune your OTT experiences to deliver the highest quality user-experience, an optimized total cost of ownership (TCO), and to maximize the lifetime value of your audience. Build your unique identity as an online destination powered by industry-proven innovations and best practices with the Direct-to-Consumer Suite.
How does COMCAST DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER SUITE help its clients:
• Build profitable and sustainable relationships with your consumers
You work hard to produce great content – maximize that return by building exciting offerings, appealing subscriber acquisition campaigns, responsive churn and win-back strategies and increased consumer lifetime value.
• Deliver the best experiences with world-class infrastructure and global partners
Scale, performance, reach and the most engaging user experiences.
• Decrease bespoke development costs & time-to-market
Spend more time thinking about how to grow your business not how to integrate software.
• Launch, learn, adapt, grow
This is a rapidly changing industry – it is critical to select a solution that can adapt as you do.
• COMCAST CONTENT DELIVERY NETWORK (CDN) SUITE: With a Multi-CDN approach, your media will be delivered at broadcast quality without sacrificing download speed.
Content owners and distributors understand that in order to remain competitive, delivery strategies need to evolve faster than the insatiable appetite for streaming video, online gaming, and large media downloads. Today, the consumer experience with online content should be at least as good as — if not better than — that of traditional broadcast video. Comcast Technology Solutions solves for this with a tailored content delivery network architecture specifically designed to deliver online media at scale. Extraordinary experiences delivered to every screen must be consistent and reliable.
Which are the benefits COMCAST CONTENT DELIVERY NETWORK (CDN) SUITE it offer to its clients:
• FLEXIBLE, MODULAR AND FULLY-MANAGED SOLUTIONS: Bring your own CDN or performance/monitoring routing and let Comcast Technology Solutions augment your solution for enhanced performance, or take advantage of our DVLR and multi-CDN offerings.
• ONE POINT OF CONTACT:Reduce complexity associated with global load balancing integration and control mechanisms for multiple CDNs through our one paper/one deal/one pricing structure.
• REDUCE OPERATIONAL COSTS: Avoid additional required resources to manage multiple partners independently. Enhanced performance reduces costs and ensures quality to the end consumer.
• COMCAST DEMAND-SIDE SUITE TO AUTOMATE LINEAR AND DIGITAL MEDIA WORKFLOWS: It is a Control, plan, deliver and track your media planning across any screen. An advertiser’s top priority is to create and deliver the highest-quality, most relevant ads to capture the attention of target audiences. Manual processes, disparate technologies, and multiple platforms require time and resources that can significantly delay the execution of campaigns and ultimately make them less effective.
• Solve for these challenges with a comprehensive and unified global ad management platform that automates the creative process and media workflows.
• The Demand-Side Suite gives you the visibility and control to plan, deliver and track your media planning across all digital and linear destinations. Mitigate risks of talent management and, at a press of a button, automatically distribute to where and whom you wish. Comcast Technology Solutions partners with all major buying platforms, as well as every linear and non-linear broadcaster globally — empowering you to optimize campaigns and reach consumers where they are, on the devices they prefer.
“Watching TV” means a lot more today than it used to. Always-on, linear programming is a valuable, lucrative addition to content offerings. Comcast Technology Solutions has the experience and technology to provide a suite of services that bring channel creation, acquisition, delivery, and management into the future of multi-platform video. Simplified, automated processes and cloud-based media processing streamline content prep and delivery from anywhere in the world. Advanced techniques enable providers and distributors to combine static video on demand (VOD) assets and live feeds into exciting new pop-up channels.
Programmers and providers who are looking for new ways to showcase content, or connect viewers to programs for the first time, now have tremendous flexibility in how they can differentiate their content offerings. A linear experience provides unique advantages to viewer retention and monetization efforts:
• Maintaining “share of eyeball” – broadcasters align new shows with existing high-performing ones for a reason: people will stick with a channel if they like what they’re watching. Expanding your presence with linear channels is also a great way to add depth and choice for viewers.
• Always-on advertising: With VOD experiences, ads aren’t presented until someone chooses a specific program. Linear provides a reliable stream of ad revenue opportunities for a channel that’s found “a niche to scratch” – an audience to grow.
• Deeper connection with individuals: People still have favorite channels. In the U.S. today, 87% of TV viewing is still live, and across 17 million Comcast households, average TV time has risen 6% over 2018 to reach almost six and a half hours daily. The takeaway? People keep watching.
It’s here in this space that content providers have better ways to be the winning choice on either side of the coin, whether they’re acquiring and delivering media feeds, or creating a custom channel by utilizing their own VOD assets in creative new ways.
Take advantage of new advertising opportunities while reducing timely manual efforts
Comcast Technology Solutions’ Supply-side Suite provides a cloud-based ad management platform. Connecting ad buyers and sellers, the platform hosts content in an aggregated library and delivers broadcast-quality ads quickly to any linear and digital destination.
With our services for the supply-side, buyers and sellers have access to a cloud-based universal ad library, which improves the workflow between demand- and supply-side — reducing the amount of time required to place campaigns from days to hours. This centralized platform houses broadcast-quality ads for any device, thereby enabling new monetization strategies with the dynamic swapping of ads. With the ability to respond to changes quickly and make the most of last-minute opportunities, our cloud-based distribution model removes complexity from all sides of the ad distribution spectrum, allowing everyone in the video advertising ecosystem to store, identify, and deliver assets quickly — without duplication.
Technologies to optimize video and operations. The Syndication Suite brings innovations and technologies from Comcast to global operators to improve their customers’ experiences. From X1 Syndication, the premiere multiscreen, cloud-based video entertainment platform, to XMeter, our cloud-based, network diagnostic service, Comcast Technology Solutions provides a suite of managed services for global operators to differentiate within the market, increase revenue, decrease cost, and reduce churn.
What are the benefits comcast SYNDICATION SUITE offers to its clients:
Our scalable, shared multi-tenant suite enables flexibility and agility while establishing a delivery foundation for future products and services.
Commitment to R&D investment results in rapid feature development, deployments across full user base, and reduced hardware vendor dependencies.
The managed services provided through the Syndication Suite are tested by the toughest QA-ers…customers in market!
Whether you need to distribute your VOD content to set-top boxes, content aggregators, or over-the-top and directly to your consumers, our Video On Demand Suite can help you get it there – and monetize it. There is no need multiple vendors. Comcast Technology Solutions knows VOD and has everything you need to get the most value from your content – including the ability to use your VOD programming to create a differentiated linear experience.
A state-of-the art voice solution adds tremendous value to business and residential technology customers alike; however, the costs associated with maintaining a modern service can be very resource-intensive. Comcast Technology Solutions Voice Services are both a trusted and cost-effective alternative that enables the ability to ensure the best customer experience for your communications services.
With Comcast’s advanced network and economy of scale, you can tailor your own customized voice termination product – one that complements your brand and delights customers with deep functionality and solid dependability. All fully managed by Comcast Technology Solutions.
More about Comcast Corporation, its brands and solutions:
Comcast Corporation (formerly registered as Comcast Holdings) is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue and the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation’s third-largest home telephone service provider. Comcast services U.S. residential and commercial customers in 40 states and in the District of Columbia. As the parent company of the international media company NBCUniversal, one of Jump´s clients, Comcast is a producer of feature films and television programs intended for theatrical exhibition and over-the-air and cable television broadcast, respectively.
Comcast owns and operates the Xfinity residential cable communications subsidiary, Comcast Business, a commercial services provider, Xfinity Mobile, an MVNO of Verizon, over-the-air national broadcast network channels (NBC, Telemundo, TeleXitos and Cozi TV), multiple cable-only channels (including MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Syfy, NBCSN, and E!, among others), the film studio Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks & Resorts. It also has significant holdings in digital distribution, such as thePlatform, which it acquired in 2006. Since October 2018, it is also the parent company of mass media pan-European company Sky Group, making it the biggest and leading media company with more than 53 million subscribers over five countries across Europe.
Comcast is sometimes described as a family business. Brian L. Roberts, chairman, president, and CEO of Comcast, is the son of founder Ralph J. Roberts. Roberts owns or controls about 1% of all Comcast shares but all of the Class B supervoting shares, which gives him an “undilutable 33% voting power over the company”. Legal expert Susan P. Crawford has said this gives him “effective control over [Comcast’s] every step”.
Comcast´s brands and solutions:
• Xfinity: With Xfinity, Comcast delivers the best in Internet, TV, voice, mobile, and home management, all working together to give customers instant access to the things that matter most – anywhere, anytime.
As connectivity becomes the epicenter of our connected lives and businesses, we are reinventing what it means to have a great Internet experience.
• NBC Universal: NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
• Sky: Sky is one of Europe’s leading media and entertainment companies. 24 million customers in seven countries get brilliant TV, broadband and mobile from us.
• Comcast Business: Comcast built the nation’s largest Gig-speed network to deliver unrelenting speeds to more businesses in more places. Now we’re going beyond with Gig-speed enabled solutions that enhance employee and customer experiences. Comcast Business offers Ethernet, Internet, WiFi, Voice, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organizations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by the nation’s largest gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business provides companies with the solutions they need to make their business more productive.
Comcast Ventures combines the resources of a global media and technology leader; the expertise of a leading venture fund; and the technical insight, scale, and experience of a strategic investor.
Comcast Technology Solutions is uniquely positioned like no other at the nexus of media and technology. With a rich broadcast heritage, continual investments in innovative media technologies, and nearly two decades of on-the-ground experience, we are the market leader when it comes to making all the pieces work together to power both extraordinary experiences and revenue growth.
Passion, excitement, and a history of transforming events into great experiences unite the businesses of Comcast Spectacor. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Comcast Spectacor’s primary businesses are the National Hockey League’s Philadelphia Flyers, the Wells Fargo Center, and Spectra, a leader in hosting and entertainment services specializing in venue management, food services hospitality, and corporate partnerships.
Since 2011, Comcast’s Internet Essentials program has connected more than 2 million U.S. households, serving approximately 8 million people, to the Internet at home so they can be ready for anything. With schools closed across the country, we’ve increased speeds and opened up access so students can continue to learn.
Internet Essentials is about far more than just bringing Internet service into a home. It’s also about designing a program that addresses the three main barriers to broadband adoption: 1) digital literacy, or the lack of a perceived need for, or even fear of, the Internet, 2) the lack of a computer, and, 3) the monthly cost of service. Internet Essentials is the only program of its kind that addresses each of these barriers head on.